2.10.2010

Lucky or Blessed?

So which is it? I have noticed this discussion going on in a favorite blog of mine and thought I should answer it myself to Ella.

How on earth would I have been lucky enough to receive her?




There is not enough luck in the air to create something so perfect. I remember the day before I delivered Ella and I was so scared that the time had finally come even though I was realllllly thrilled. There is always the same question in every parents mind "what if..." well when Ella popped out I could hardly breath. Tears were literally shooting out of my eyes. It was not because I was glad it was over (although I was), it was because I was so overwhelmed with her perfection. How on earth did I just take part in her creation? Not a single thing out of place. How can you call that luck? This is truly a blessing to Brad and I. I will never forget looking at Brad and saying "Did you see how perfect she is?" This is a blessing coming as a reminder of how special we are and to celebrate that love, we have been sent this gift. We were only a small part of her creation and there was no luck involved. Everything was purposely done in just the right order. After having a baby and realizing all the things that can possibly go wrong that you are told about, does it not shock you that the population is as big as it is? It always blows me away. It seems like each check up along the way(which there was probably 20 or so) they tell you of the things you should watch out for at that stage. All of us receive these blessings in some form or fashion and no matter how they come to us they are always a blessing. Whether you believe in God or some other higher being, there is no way you can walk out the door every morning with all the things you have (house, car, heat, ac, water, job, significant other, animals, trees, sky, children, friends, i could keep going on forever) and just say you are lucky to have those. It's impossible and therefore not luck, because we can't all be just lucky, can we?? These are all reminders of how blessed we are and that is how the reminder is sent to us. I above all else get going on the negative things in a day and forget to give thanks for all the good things. It definitely seems like the negative out weigh the positive and then I look at Ella and realize that she is a bright shining reminder to give thanks to God (in my case) because in fact we are BLESSED and luck has nothing to do with it.
love to all.



1 comment:

  1. Amen Sista! :o)

    You are blessed! it amazes me to think of pregnancy and how God created our bodies to change and how he made this perfect little baby. These things did not just happen by accident! God is amazing! And we are just blessed to get to raise His perfect creations while we are on this earth.

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete